Relationships, People Pleasing, and Setting BoundariesFeb 21, 2020
How do you set up boundaries with folks we already know? As we learn and grow, we sometimes come up against situations where our relationships don't reflect our current values and aspirations in the world.
What do you do?
Well, recently I had a conversation with a buddy about just this topic. Here are the five ideas I shared with him.
- Imagine the ideal future with these friends.
- Be your best self to make the ideal future a reality.
- Change your mindset or belief about the situation.
- Anticipate the worst-case scenario.
- Role-model this relationship for your family, friends, co-workers, and anyone else who looks up to you.
Check out the video for a little more context on my friend's story and each of these points. At the end our conversation, my friend felt like he could figure out how to change his situation in a way that was congruent with his values. And that's a powerful idea.