Energy, Sleep, Exercise, and Nutrition:
- The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time - After collapsing for exhaustion, Arianna Huffington did some research on what getting proper sleep can do for you. She presents a good case for good sleep, with easy practical steps to implement.
- The Chilli Cube: One of the best purchases I ever made to help with sleep,. If you have a partner who runs hotter or colder when you sleep, the ability to control the temperature of your bed is essential.
- The Whole30: A great introduction to cleaner eating, with modifications for food allergies, vegans, and folks with food allergies.
- Becoming a Supple LeopardDr. Kelly Starrett's book on human mobility is awesome if you are low stretch like me. Check out his youtube videos, and be sure to talk to your doctor before trying anything strenuous.
Productivity and High Performance:
Relationships and Persuasion:
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secrets to Love that Lasts - Great for couples and a good model for how people operate. If you know what people look for in a friendship, you build a stronger relationship.
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion - Robert Cialdini's book about persuasion is a great way to understand how people try to influence you, and how you can better influence and lead others. Great book on personal persuasion.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: Dale Carnegie's Classic book on building relationships and creating win-win situations with people. If you have a job dealing with people and have not read this, I don't know what you're doing...
- Influencer: The New Science of Leading Change - This book does an amazing job of breaking down how to influence change from an organizational standpoint. If you lead a team, this is a must read on how to think about effectively create change.
- To Sell is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others - Daniel Pink does a wonderful job explaining how the world of sales has changed from the scuzzy world where sales people had insider information, to a world where everyone is "selling" something on more equal footing. Great if you struggle with influencing or moving people for your art, career, or life.
Purpose and Life:
- The Alchemist - One of my favorite books, Paulo Coelho's parable about following your dreams, and the ups and downs of life is great.
- Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor Frankl's powerful book comes from his experience surviving the death camps in Germany in 1942 - 1945. A trained psychiatrist, his insight on how people can survive and thrive through extreme suffering gives insight into how important meaning is to humanity.
Technology and Business:
- Kajabi: (Affiliate) This is what I use for my online business. For beginners or online business experts, Kajabi is the best and easiest comprehensive solution for your online business. Their support crew and documentation is also world class.
- Zoom: Best webinar or conferencing technology for your business. Great if you are just starting out (free options), or if you need extra features.