Feeling Mentally Drained? Here Is What to Do!Aug 14, 2016
Ever feel like you were mentally drained, and still needed to finish the project, interact with the kids, or just feel better about the day?
Here are five ideas I use to build a positive, energetic brain on those days where I am dragging:
- Self-care - We can probably take care of ourselve better. When we get stressed or tired, we tend to eat poorly and/or not take care of our bodies. Go for a walk outside. Take the time to do your workout for the day. Watch or listent to insprational art.
- Breaks - Take 5 minutes to clear your head by talking with a co-worker, friend, or family member. Grab some water.
- Graditute - In the hustle of daily life, we can sometimes forget how awesome we are doing. Have you ever forgotten to honor your accomplishments? Taking a few minutes to recognize and connect with our successes can help energize and motivate us to push on.
- Excitement - We can also forget to generate excitement through-out our days and weeks. What are you looking forward to today and later this week? Remembering we have things to look forward do can help create a more positive headspace, and spur us forward.
- Language - The voice in our head can either help us feel drained, or help us feel energized. Watch out for words like 'always' and 'never', hyperbole, or negative self talk, and journal it out to change it if you need.
These ideas have helped me excell in corporate America, and get through a stressful job I did not love. (becasue saying 'I hate my job' over and over turned me into a stressballed sadface husk of a man.)
I hope you found this video helpful. I would love to hear your comments and questions, so please post them below. And if you know someone who seemed pretty drained - would you share this blogpost with them too? :)
Until next week, my friends!
Elite 1:1 Coaching
Discover more about yourself, make decisions quicker, improve performance, live better, and more!
Click the button below to learn the #1 thing that prevents most people from succeeding more in their lives, and apply for a free 1-hour strategy session with Certified High performance Coach, Shawn Buttner.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.