In this podcast episode, Shawn Buttner discusses various forms of resistance that hinder our progress on the purposeful journey. He shares tactics for meeting and overcoming resistance, emphasizing the importance of slaying fear to grow and move forward. Strategies for pushing past resistance include understanding gains and losses, recognizing the murky middle, leaning into purpose, practicing consistency and discipline, and seeking support from friends. With High Performance Coaching, listeners can embark on their own transformative journey to greatness.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Resistance comes in various forms such as self-doubt, selfishness, fear, frustration, impatience, and unmet expectations.
- Five tactics to overcome resistance include confronting fear, realizing progress made so far, consistency in showing up, seeking coaching, and understanding the different types of fear.
- Slaying fear dragon involves confronting what scares you and realizing that it is an opportunity for growth.
- Focus on what you have to gain and the cost of inaction.
- Embrace consistency and discipline to build momentum towards your goals.
- Discovering your call to adventure
- The power of High Performance Coaching
Check out the video podcast version each Thursday on YouTube, 6am PST and subscribe and listen on Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcast platform.
Face Your Fear Dragons with Patricia Tillman: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-meaningful-revolution/id1637936725?i=1000582532358
Maker Culture (and the murky middle): https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-meaningful-revolution/id1637936725?i=1000583298364
Episodes & show notes at https://www.shawnbuttner.com/podcasts/the-meaningful-revolution/
Want to accelerate finding more joy, growth, and impact? Sign up for a free high performance strategy session with Shawn here: https://www.shawnbuttner.com/coaching